My love of persimmons and having a few very ripe persimmons in the frig inspired this bread.
PERSIMMON, WALNUT, GOLDEN RAISIN BREAD
1 3/4 cups sifted flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter and cooled to room temperature
2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1/3 cup whiskey
1 cup persimmon puree (from about 2 squishy-soft Hachiya persimmons)
1 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
1 cup golden raisins
1. Butter loaf pans. Line the bottoms with a piece of parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC) degrees.
3. Sift the first 5 dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Make a well in the center then stir in the butter, eggs, liquor, persimmon puree then the nuts and raisins.
5. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.